Monday, November 27, 2006

Odds and Ends #2

Soon after we arrived Gracie had an ear infection. I still do not understand the medical system here in Japan, but I must say it was the worst doctor appointment I have ever witnessed. I am praying the we stay healthy so we can limit our visits. Anyway, Gracie was given two prescriptions- an Antibiotic and some Anti-Mucus medicine. The above pictures are what we got. Basically you mix the powder with water into a sticky paste and then you put it on the roof of the child's mouth so they eat it. That was a treat!

Kevin was very sad that we did not bring grapes with us to Japan. So I bought these grapes at the store. This package was about $4.00. They had seeds in them and basically tasted like nothing! Needless to say, Kevin did not like them and I have not bought them again!










We actually had a "real" American Thanksgiving dinner. We got a good laugh at the turkey packaging. Daniel did not quite make it through dinner. I guess the tryptophane in this turkey was pretty strong!


There are many parks here in Japan for us to explore. This particular one is called the Green Park. The kids had a nice time and we look forward to going back when the weather is warmer and not so windy.


This is just a cute picture of Daniel wearing Gracie's bicycle helmet inside playing trains!

5 comments:

grandpak said...

In such a short time you have already done some amazing things. It appears that life goes on the same all over the world? Especially when kids are involved. It's really great that all the kids are getting along so well. Has Patrick started to like any additional foods of Japan?

MiniCircus said...

Great to hear from you and to know that you are doing well... Scrapbooked last night and missed your stories!! Great job on your blog...

Anonymous said...

Kim, This is so cool. I am glad that you are settled in. What an experience! Miss you guys. :)

Amy Christian

David Vincenti said...

Antimucosal Mouthroof Paste? And I thought breakfast was an adventure in Japan.

Continued good luck to all!

Anonymous said...

Kim! (and family)
What a cool way to keep us posted on the goings on in Japan! The pics are great! There are some great things here in America that can be attributed to the Japanese...but I must say - I am SOOOO glad we don't use their medicines here!! ANTIBACTERIAL/MUCOSAL mouth paste...sits on the roof of your mouth!!!????!? That makes me want to vomit. And, I am not the one who had to eat (?) it!!

The balloon festival looks very cool! Have you seen any monkeys yet?
Hope to talk with you soon!
LL & Family